Celebrity Stylist and Designer Trace Henningsen’s Holiday Gift Guide for 2021
We asked Beverly Hills celebrity and bridal hairstylist Trace Henningsen to share her shopping list for her hair-obsessed friends. And Trace, who also designs specialty hair accessories and is known for her old Hollywood aesthetic, not only agreed to reveal her gift-giving secrets, she also said yes to including her lush velvety bows in Leonor Greyl’s exclusive haircare gift set!
Read on for Trace’s holiday gift guide with the best haircare gifts for the holiday season.
This luxury haircare gift set is present perfection for the sophisticated woman with hair aspirations. It includes:
- Huile Secret de Beauté – A gorgeously scented body and hair oil enriched with organic sweet almond, mongongo, and pomegranate oils. It can be used as a detangling styling tool that leaves tresses silky and shiny. Smoothed onto skin, its naturally hydrating ingredients, antioxidants, and vitamin E protect against premature aging.
- Voluforme – The absolute favorite hairspray of runway and red-carpet stylists. Trace loves giving it to friends because Voluforme can be applied on wet hair at the roots to boost volume and on dry hair to restyle or refresh a blowout. The weightless formula is rich in jojoba oil and provides flexible, natural hold without leaving a sticky residue or crunchy feeling.
- Henningsen & Co. Exclusive Winter Green Bow – This lush velvet bow from Trace’s Bardot Collection is set on a glamourous gold barrette and will elevate any style – ponies, braids, buns, half-up-half-down. For an extra personal touch to your gift, add the link to Trace’s “Perfect Pony” how-to tutorial.
- Detangling Comb – This is the comb everyone needs, regardless of hair type. Leonor Greyl’s specially designed comb has optimal teeth spacing to gently detangle hair without snagging or damage.
2. Masque Quintessence for Hair Connoisseurs
Masque Quintessence just might be the most thoughtful and luxurious gift you can give to the hair-obsessed, according to Trace. Presented in an opulent gold jar, it’s truly the “gold standard” in hydrating hair masks.
“Masque Quintessence is the gift that keeps giving because it provides long-lasting results after just one use,” says Trace. And because one container can provide weekly treatments for six months to a year.
The rich mask hydrates from scalp to ends, which is especially important during dry winter months. The formula is enriched with jojoba, cupuaçu, and mongongo oils to help revive parched or overworked tresses.
“It’s one of the most beautiful gifts you can give,” Trace raves.
3. Huile Secret de Beauté and Huile de Magnolia Beauty Oils
Introduce your friends to the addictive French beauty ritual that leaves skin glowing and hair silky: the daily use of beauty oils. Trace loves presenting loved ones with a luxuriously scented bottle of Huile Secret de Beauté or Huile de Magnolia. The bottles are pretty enough to display on the counter or nightstand, and the essential ingredients are near miraculous.
Huile Secret de Beauté is a multi-tasking oil that can be used on the body and hair to enrich and moisturize. It carries the gorgeous scent of tiaré gardenia and lemon. Huile de Magnolia for the face and body softens and soothes skin, removes makeup, and prolongs tans. It’s enriched with organic jojoba, hazelnut, and sunflower seed oils for a boost of vitamins C, B, E, omegas and antioxidants. The magnolia fragrance is intoxicating.
4. Leonor Greyl Travel Kits for Globetrotters
Now that we can travel more freely, Trace says your adventurous friends and family would love Leonor Greyl’s luxury travel sets. Trace herself has been globetrotting to London, Paris, New York, and Ohio to style models for photoshoots and celebrities for events like the Billboard Music Awards and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with her clients the Foo Fighters. Weddings in Morocco, South of France, Italy, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming, could be on the books, too.
Choose from five different kits for different hair types and needs. Each elegant travel pouch comes with three products such as a cleanser, conditioner, and styling product. Or you can select your own three travel products and build a custom kit.
- Luxury Travel Kit for Colored Hair
- Luxury Travel Kit for Volume
- Luxury Travel Kit for Very Dry, Thick or Curly Hair
- Luxury Travel Kit for Dry Hair
- Premium Luxury Travel Kit for Damaged Hair
- Custom Travel Kit—Build Your Own
“I like to use individual Leonor Greyl travel sizes in Christmas stockings for family,” says Trace.
5. Éclat Naturel for Men Because They Have #HairGoals too
Do you have a man in your life who’s impossible to shop for? Trace’s go-to guy gift is Éclat Naturel texturizing and conditioning styling cream.
“Men are always looking for a styling product that isn’t too shiny, greasy, or matte,” Trace says. “Éclat has the perfect texture and consistency to hold hair in place without looking like there’s product in it.”
This unisex styling cream is très magnifique for managing anyone’s hair that has a mind of its own. Éclat relies on natural ingredients instead of silicones to create smooth or textured styles. And it does double-duty as a conditioner, with hydrating shea butter and jojoba oil.
After reading this holiday gift guide, if you’re still unsure which haircare gift is best for your loved one, consult our Leonor Greyl Hair Concierge. Because everyone’s hair is unique, we offer a virtual Hair Analysis tool to help you identify the best products for every texture and condition.
Happy gift giving!