Identify and understand what prompts symptoms and how to treat them.
The scalp is covered with a natural hydrolipidic film that protects it against environmental and other stress factors and bacteria, while helping to protect follicles and hair texture. This natural film can be damaged, due to many causes, and that is when dandruff and itching can appear.
Targeted and specifically formulated treatments can address these scalp issues.
- Stress, fatigue, vitamin deficiency and poorly balanced diets have an impact on sebum secretion and the skin’s pH balance.
- The sun, chlorine, salt and pollution may irritate and dehydrate the scalp. More specifically, during winter months, colder air promotes scalp dryness and a feeling of tightness.
- Color, texture and straightening treatments are not always well tolerated and may lead to irritation, followed by possible flaking.
- Insufficient sebum production can result in scalp dryness and uncomfortable pulling sensations. By contrast, excess sebum promotes the abnormal growth of microbial flora, occasionally followed by itching.
- The scalp undergoes constant renewal, which causes formation of dead cells, i.e. dandruff. Dandruff most frequently sheds from the scalp during hair washing. However, continuous shedding causes unpleasant and annoying flakes, itching, and irritation.
Is this something you are dealing with? Adjust your right routine with suitable products to take care of and desensitize your scalp.
The products to use and steps to follow:
- Pre-treat: Once a week, massage in a specialized pre-treatment, based on need. This improves circulation while loosening dead skin and buildup.
- As a pre-shampoo treatment, apply a few drops of Régénérescence Naturelle on your scalp and leave on for 15 minutes before shampooing out. It is formulated with essential and plant oils, to help cleanse, stimulate and regenerate the scalp, as well as neutralize itching.
- If your scalp is very red and irritated, Huile Apaisante will help. It is formulated with a blend of 100% natural ingredients including fruit and seed oils as well as celery seed and Magnolia Bark Extracts, to name just a few. Anti-inflammatory properties will help reduce redness, relieve sensitivity and rid scalp of dandruff flaking. Massage into scalp as needed or before shampooing.
- TIP: Apply Huile Apaisante before color treatments to protect scalp by helping to prevent chemical process reactions.
- Shampoo: take the time to wash scalp and hair thoroughly, by moistening the scalp with water, and massaging with product, to eliminate dead cells during the emulsion phase.
- Choose your shampoo, based on your scalp type, to effectively treat the specific problem. Bain Traitant à la Propolis is formulated to treat dandruff conditions and instantly relieves itching thanks, to its anti-microbial and calming properties.
- For a more soothing treatment, try Crème aux Fleurs, a washing cream for dry and sensitive scalp. This ultimately calming, low-foaming cleansing cream was specially formulated to soothe very sensitive skin. Applied to dry hair instead of a shampoo, it delivers an instant sensation of well-being and incredible softness. You can also apply it after hair color treatments to relieve the scalp and recondition.
- Tip: to treat a sensitive scalp with dandruff, combine Bain Traitant à la Propolis with Crème aux Fleurs (50/50 mixture) before applying to a dry scalp.
- Rinsing: Shampoo must be completely eliminated, by a thorough rinsing. This will prevent any risk of itching. If hair is shampooed and rinsed too quickly, the dead cells begin shedding during drying, just like dandruff.
- Be gentle! Using products that are too strong can damage the scalp and cause abnormal sebum secretion. A shampoo does not have to make a lot of suds to be effective.
Allow your scalp to calm down and breathe again while restoring beautiful, healthy-looking hair!
Products mentioned in this post:
Invigorating and Purifying Essential and Botanical Oils for the Scalp
Add to cart
Soothing Treatment Oil for Sensitive and Irritated Scalp
Add to cart
Gentle Dandruff Treatment Shampoo$51.00
Add to cart
Soothing Scalp and Hair Cleansing Cream for Dry, Colored Hair$45.00
Add to cart