Both Amber Heard and Rachel Weisz stunned on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival this past weekend. We spoke with the stylists responsible for creating their looks and they gave us the breakdown below:
Celebrity hair stylist, Peter Butler, created the modern look of Amber Heard for the Toronto premiere of Danish Girl using Leonor Greyl. “The Toronto premiere of The “Danish Girl” was a huge success last night! Amber Heard lit up the red carpet in her Ellie Saab dress and her cascading “Flat Waved” Hair!
1. “I blew out Ambers hair as a rough dry ( No Brush, Only my hands) using Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice
2. Then I added some Serum de Soi Sublimateur on her damp ends. The serum helps to nourish dry ends and keep hair looking well conditioned.
3. I used the Voluforme in her roots and as a prep to each section before I went over it with a flat iron to create my Flat Waves. It was a Voluminous and Modern take on a classic Hollywood Glamour Look for the red carpet! Amber Looked Flawless! ”
Celebrity hairstylist Alex Polillo styled movie star Rachel Weisz’s hair with Leonor Greyl products for the premiere of Youth at the Toronto Film Festival on Saturday. Rachel’s breathtaking Valentino dress is whimsical and begs for an equally playful updo. We got to work on her hair while it was still wet to create the look.
1. I applied a generous amount of Condition Naturelle to her entire head, and worked it down throughout her strands.
2. Then, I sectioned off a deep side part. I rough-dried her hair to establish a messy texture, and I twisted it up until it cooled off to render extra waves.
3. As I gently rolled her hair away from her face and pinned, I used a dab of Baume Bois de Rose on my fingers. This step makes it easier to grip and gather the hair together for easy pinning.
4. Then I cocktailed more of the Baume Bois de rose to highlight and pull out several strands around her face. We wanted the look to appear effortless and not overdone, and this step is crucial to creating a natural look.
5. I finished off with a spritz of Voluforme to lock in the style for the entire night. Her hair complemented the dress perfectly.”
Products mentioned in this post:
or 4 installments of $9.50 by Afterpay
or 4 installments of $9.20 by Afterpay