- For a pre-shampoo treatment: Apply 1 to 2 capfuls of L’Huile de Leonor Greyl to your dry length and ends and evenly distribute using a natural bristle brush. Leave on for at least 10 minutes or overnight before shampooing.
- For protection from the sun and chlorinated water: Apply to dry hair as previously described and reapply as needed.
- The oil might solidify in cool temperatures. If that happens, simply run warm water over the closed bottle until the product liquifies.
Pro Tip: Use as a leave-in styling product for very dry or frizzy hair. Pour 3 drops into your palm, emulsify and run the brush lightly over your palm before brushing hair.
Key Ingredients & Benefits
Organic Jojoba Oil
- Rich in vitamins C, B, and E
Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Sunflower Seed Oil
- Rich in vitamin E and omega 6
Organic Sesame Seed Oil
- Sun Protection
**Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil – *Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil – **Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil – **Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil – Parfum/Fragrance – **Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil – **Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil – Benzyl Alcohol – *Linalool – *Amyl Cinnamal – *Hexyl Cinnamal – *Hydroxycitronellal – *Tocopherol – *Lecithin – *Ascorbyl Palmitate – *Glyceryl Monostearate – *Limonene – *Citronellol – *Glycerol monooleate – *Citric Acid
Our formulas may change. Please refer to the list of ingredients appearing on the product packaging for the most current formula.
The idea for L’Huile de Leonor Greyl, formerly known as L’Huile de Palme, was born during a Greyl family trip to the French West Indies in the 1970s. Finding himself stranded during a hurricane, Jean-Marie Greyl noticed that the rain streamed down the leaves of palm trees without really penetrating them. The plant’s incredible properties inspired him to use its oil in a pre-shampoo treatment that could protect hair by forming a waterproof film around each strand. Applied on the beach between swims, in salons as pre-color protection, or at home to repair hair, this oil quickly became a cult favorite. In 2013, palm oil was removed from the formula in favor of two new sustainably-sourced ingredients: coconut and mongongo oil.