The stars were out for the 21st annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles last night. Actresses Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gretchen Mol were particularly stunning on the red carpet, wearing chic hairstyles that complemented their gorgeous gowns. We spoke with celebrity hairstylist, Mathew Monzon who created the looks for both. Read more to learn how to re-create their gorgeous hairstyles.
Get the look for Maggie Gyllenhaal:
1. “Starting with damp hair, I combed through Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice
and combed inconsistent wave patterns though out the hair.
2. I then dried the hair using a diffuser attachment with my dryer in order to lock in the wave pattern while drying.
3. Once dry, I took about a quarter size of Éclat Naturel
emulsified in my hands to break up the waves and create texture with random pieces.
4. I then finished the look with Voluforme
Get the look for Gretchen Mol:
“We wanted the look to have a glamorous but relaxed feeling with the hair – a bit of a retro feeling but not taken to a “period” look.
1. Starting with damp hair, I sprayed Condition Naturelle
coating the hair.
2. I then applied Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice
to the hair, combing it through with a wide tooth comb and them giving it a rough dry using my hands to create volume at the roots.
3. Once dry, I created a deep part on the left side and took my R Sessions Nalu Waver creating loose waves all throughout the hair.
4. I then took the hair from the left side twisting it along the back of the head, tucking the ends up and under the hair with bobby pins then
following with the right side in the same manner.
5. To finish the front, I put the ends of the hair through the iron just to put in a small wave so that the look remained consistent.
6. To finish the look, I used Laque Souple
hairspray to lock in the hairstyle.”
Products mentioned in this post: