Amber Heard stunned on the red carpet this weekend at the “Magic Mike XXL” premiere. Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler used Leonor Greyl products to create her seventies-chic hairstyle, he gives us the breakdown below.
Get Amber Heard’s Look:
“Tonight, Amber is wearing a low-cut sleeveless dress by Monique Lhuillier. It’s a really beautiful deep purple, amethyst color that’s very Hollywood, so we decided to leave her hair down and do something like a cross between Jerry Hall and Veronica Lake, super sexy for the ‘Magic Mike XXL’ premiere.
- I started with her hair damp and applied Leonor Greyl Serum de Soie Sublimateur on the ends. Her ends are highlighted and more delicate so when blown out blonde hair like that can look dry when it’s really not, the serum really helps to keep the hair looking healthy and shiny.
- Then I applied Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice from the roots to the end and did a full blow dry. To add more volume at the top, I sprayed Voluforme into her roots.
- Amber has finer hair, so I used a medium barrel curling iron and created really classic, loose waves set with a side part. I created the curls by first wrapping her hair around the curling iron away from the face in smaller sections for a more spiral curl.
- Then, after the curls have cooled, I brushed them out with a wide tooth comb to break apart the curls a bit. The look is super classic and glam and that’s who she is.
- To lock in the look but keep it so that her hair was still touchable and movable, I finished by misting her whole head with Laque Souple.”