Claire Danes looked beautiful in a deep purple Prada dress last night at the 67th annual Emmy Awards in Los Angeles. We spoke with celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler who styled the lead actress nominee; he gives us the breakdown on how to re-create her look below.
“It’s 90 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, so I wanted to pull her hair up. I decided to go for a faux bob, with a late ‘60s/early ‘70s vibe. At first, I envisioned a Grace Kelly Goes to the Beach look, but that style was too rough and raw. We wanted polished and red carpet-ready, so we opted for Grace Kelly Goes to Palm Springs.
Re-Create Claire Danes Look:
1. I began by blowing her hair out with Mousse A Lotus Volumatrice
to impart a little lift.
2. I sprayed her roots with Voluforme
as I curled her hair, then let that cool and set.
3. To make the texture more natural, I brushed out the waves and added Eclat Natural
to smooth flyaways.
4. I finished by pinning it up and tucking the right side behind her ear.
5. Right before she walked out the door, I spritzed on a finishing touch of Lacque Souple
to nail it down.
She’s got a golden nude makeup look and elegant hair. As she stepped on the red carpet she said, ‘I feel like I’m going to Bob Hope’s house!’ with a laugh.
Products mentioned in this post: