Olivia Munn stunned on the red carpet last night, at the premiere of her new movie, Mortdecai. She attended the event wearing a floor length, sexy black gown and tousled ’70’s waves. Celebrity hairstylist Christian Marc created her gorgeous curls, “the vibe that we went with for her hair was a glamorous, mid-70’s style – very high fashion.”
Get Olivia Munn’s tousled ’70’s waves in five easy steps:
1. “I started by applying Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice from root to tip on her damp hair, combing it through to make sure it was evenly distributed.
2. Then, once her hair was dry I began curling her hair with a 1” curling iron, starting from the back of the head to the front. To ensure that there was enough body and texture to last all night, I would spray each section with Voluforme before curling it. When I got to the front, I switched to a 1½” curling iron for more relaxed waves.
3. After curling her whole head, I applied Éclat Naturel to the curls while brushing them out with a Mason Pearson Brush, just using my fingers and the tip of the brush. Éclat Naturel is one of the best products on the market – the texture and hold are amazing and the product is so versatile. It leaves the hair with a silky feeling while still giving it great hold.
4. Once I brushed through the waves, I shook out her hair and sprayed it once more with Voluforme. Especially for a red carpet event, I make sure to use a little more hairspray than usual so that it holds throughout the night.
5. To finish off the look, I applied Serum de Soie Sublimateur to the end of her hair and the top to give it a little bit of sheen and make it just a tad sleeker. By only using a little, it gave it a more polished effect and kept it from looking too harsh and sleek.”
Products mentioned in this post: