Claire Danes was certainly the first lady of the Golden Globes this year. The “Homeland” actress did a 180 from CIA agent Carrie Matheson to red carpet vixen at this year’s awards—going from crazy-town to sexy-town. What we loved most about Danes’ look were her carefully tousled waves (the Atelier Versace dress wasn’t too shabby either).
To figure out how to get Danes’ do at home we turned to famed stylist Anthony Cristiano, of the exclusive Anthony Cristiano Salon in Chicago.
1. Apply Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice to towel-dried hair. This will provide a great foundation to work with and allow you to create the volume needed for this look. Be sure to apply the mousse at the roots for maximum volume.
2. Use a boar bristle brush and dry the hair in sections to create a nice lift.
3. Use a two-inch barrel curling iron to scatter waves throughout the hair.
4. Immediately set the hair with velcro rollers. After they are set, apply Voluforme at the crown, hairline and root area for added detail and lift. Let the hair cool.
5. Blow dry the hair again to stretch out the curl (do a directional blow-dry). Apply Voluforme all over to finish and create the desired texture.
6. To control any flyaways use a pea size amount of Eclat Naturel. This gives hair a beautiful shine and finish!
7. Do a final mist with Lacque Souple.[space] [one_fourth]